Thursday, September 11, 2008

If I'm giving up the "girlfriend" title,

then does that also mean that I have to give up making love?

Ok, I don't really call it "making love".
Though it's more spot-on than any other description I can think of, I find it extremely cheesy.
Anyway...what am I to do about this dilemma?

I've found, through experience, that nothing compares or even comes close to than having sex with someone with who you share an intimate connection. Everything is different; the touches, the looks, the kisses. It all feels so fuzzy. Giggly. And worthy of lower lip biting. Casual sex can be fun, even good, but the lack of heavy lightness (what I call the feeling the body gets during a loving roll in the sack) makes it pale in comparison. My desire to have sex is usually fueled by my desire for a particular man, that man being my boyfriend. Sex sans spooning never much appealed to my intimate ways.
But, as a woman whose needs are poking her in the ribs harder and harder with each passing day, I'm beginning to reconsider my stance on the issue.
And even still...I miss many things, but I don't think I'd ever miss casual sex with the same temerity as I do the sex that comes attached to a held hand.

No comments: